We are delighted to announce that Ashbrook will be running Summer tennis camps for 5 weeks this summer. It will run from Monday July 13th to Friday July 17th. The Ashbrook Open is being held on the following week and the Camp will recommence and continue after that to August 21st. Monday – Friday and daily from 09:30 – 12:45 or 09:45-13:00.
We will run the camps following the Tennis Ireland COVID-19 Guidelines for Running Camps so there is some important information that parents/guardians and junior players need to know:
- Maximum of 24 children
- Children 8 yrs and up only
- All places must be booked and paid for online prior to start of camp. No walk-ins.
- All documents including GDPR, codes of conduct and rules must be accepted online
- Download consent form, complete and return to Juniors Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camps will be co-ordinated by an administrator
- Arrival and departure will be staggered (09:30-12:45 or 09:45-13:00)
- No congregation of parents/guardians in clubhouse or around gate
- Children are requested to stay outside the club until administrator collects them
- Daily screening of children and employees will be carried out using a checklist
- Children and employees should:
- Not have been out of the country in the last 14 days
- Not have been in contact with or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Use correct respiratory etiquette as displayed
- Keep 2 Metres Distance
- Use hand sanitisers provided please
- All equipment/balls managed and sanitised by coaches.
- Children must bring their own racquets, lunches and drinks and must not share with others
- As far as it is practicable and depending on the weather, all activities will be out of doors and children should have a rain jacket/warm top or similar with them
- Children must bring their own sanitiser for use in addition to that supplied at the club
- If there is persistent failure to adhere to protocols, parents/guardians will be asked to remove child from camp.
With everyone’s co-operation and adherence to protocols laid out, there will be plenty of fun and games as well as lots of tennis practice for everyone.
The camps will be run by our two coaches (Stephen McGrath & James Gillen) from Monday July 13th to Friday August 21st , 2020. Monday – Friday and daily from 09:30 – 12:45 or 09:45-13:00.
The fee structure is:- €90.00 per week for non-members and €75.00 for members for the their first week and €65 for subsequent weeks.
Covid-19 and child protection requirements make the running of the Camp somewhat more expensive than heretofore but we are confident that this is still excellent value for the camp.
To download the Consent form and to pay please go to the Payments page at ashbrooktennisclub.ie. All Payments MUST be made before coaching/camps commence.
Book early to secure a place!
If you have any queries re Summer Camps 2020 please do not hesitate to contact coaches at:
Stephen McGrath (Level Two-Australia Advanced)
Head Coach – Ashbrook Tennis Club
M: 083 037 1040
James Gillen (Tennis Ireland Level 1 Coach)
Junior Head Coach – Ashbrook Tennis Club
M: 083 037 1040